Since October, projects that used to be automatically built every time a commit was pushed to their respective repository failed to do so. It is now fixed.Projects that currently have this feature are:
Fix was found pretty rapidly regarding the problem with Git repositories. A change in database name occured and was not updated into all of the various configuration files QW-DEV relies on. It is now fixed. Thanks to people who notified me of the problem.
I'm studying what happened with the Git repository and hope to fix it as soon as possible.
Automatic builds (1 comment)
Using Builbot, automatic builds of some projects are being generated each time a new commit is made to the repository. This allows users to test freshest codes without having to wait for official releases or build the code themselves.
Builds are for now accessible via http://builds.qw-dev.net but that might change in a near future as it is all still being a big work in progress.
I'm sure it will come with quite some nice features...
QD migrations news (1 comment)
After a few weeks, I finally finished migrating all of QW-DEV services to a new and more powerful host.
While I was on a roll, I also migrated it from Redmine to ChiliProject, which I have more faith in regarding future updates and bug fixing.
All of that is now done so let's get cracking on code!
Email and registration (1 comment)
Due to some changes in the mail server configuration, emails should now be delivered properly. To limit spam bots registration on the website, emails confirmation will now be sent to any new registration requests.
- All accounts that look suspiciously bot-created have been deleted
- All accounts that never logged in have been deleted
- Self registration is now immediate, with no activation link procedure
- Registration can also be made using OpenID accounts
In any cases, if your account has been deleted by mistake, please contact me (deurk on #qw-dev) to notify me of my mistake.
As a Christmas gift, QW-DEV got a new server with more horsepower to work with. It is now time to migrate everything from the old box to the new one.
New year being close, I took the resolution to try to document it as best as I could to keep tabs on what's running where and how. I will also try to be as verbose as I can on what is hapenning with the various services I run.
If you have ideas or suggestions, don't hesitate to email me or drop me a line on IRC.
Happy New Year everyone!
Previously, finding the information about the actual link to the repository was a difficult task, especially if the project manager did not set up the informative and non mandatory "repository address" field in the project settings.
This awkward quest for the repository address is now over, since each repository view contains link(s) to the repository and associated check out commands. The link sits on top of the screen so it should be now trouble anymore to get your own working copy of a project.
Also available in: Atom