There is a need to cover more servers with QTV support, but as it seems that one QTV server for all Europe (or even whole world) QW servers isn't doable due to high traffic requirements, this needs to be done by using separated QTVs.
On the other hand users need one place where they can see all the "now playing" QuakeWorld action. For this we've created MetaQTV. MetaQTV is a central place that groups together listings of multiple separated QuakeTV servers.
Development version is up at http://cqe.rytir.com/metaqtv/
In repository it is placed in /trunk/metaqtv/
Adding your QW Server to the MetaQTV page¶If you want your server to be added to the main MetaQTV page, you have two options.
- Recommended procedure:
- Run your own public QTV server
- connect your QW servers to it
- Contact us on IRC (#qw-dev on QuakeNet) or submit an New Issue on this web
- tell us the web address of your server (in the format http://server:port/nowplaying/ )
- Alternative procedure:
- Ask admin of some of the existing QTV servers (listed here ) to add your QW servers to their QTV
- read and follow this page before you do so
- admins can be found on IRC in #qw-dev on QuakeNet
If you run more than one port (QW server), it is strongly recommended to run your own QTV server. The current major QTV servers are already heavily loaded and don't accept large numbers of new servers automatically.